As the days grow darker and rain settles in, a little holiday cheer couldn’t be better timed! Grab your umbrella and brighten your spirits with these Seattle-area favorites—whether it’s meandering through a dazzling light show, watching the “snow” fall at Bellevue’s Snowflake Lane, or taking a holiday-themed cruise. Here’s the skinny on dates, times, food, and parking…
Winterfest at Seattle Center
305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109
- Dates/Times: Nov. 25, 2022 – Dec. 31, 2022. Seattle Center Luminata with winter light & music display at International Fountain daily at 6pm; ice sculpting Nov. 27, Dec. 4, 11, & 18; Winter train & village open daily Nov. 25 – Dec. 31 | 10 am – 6 pm.
- Cost: Free for all ages.
- Parking: Paid parking available at the Mercer Garage, 5th Ave N Garage, and Theatre Commons ADA Lot. Click here for the campus map.
- Food: A multitude of dining options await you in the Armory.
- Special Events: Opening Day Celebration, live stage entertainment at the Armory, the Winter Train & Village, New Year’s Eve Celebration, and more!
- Holiday Closure: Dec. 25
Garden d’Lights at Bellevue Botanical Garden
12001 Main Street, Bellevue WA 98005
click here to get tickets (must be purchased in advance)
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 26, 2022 – Dec. 31, 2022 | 4:30 – 9:00 pm
- Cost: $8 per person (ages 10 and under are free)
- Parking: Premium parking is $5 per car in the Garden’s lot as space allows OR park for free at Wilburton Hill Park
- Food: Hot drinks and snacks are available for purchase
- Holiday Closures: December 25
Snowflake Lane at the Bellevue Collection
Bellevue Way & NE 8th Street, Bellevue WA 98004
- Dates/Times: Nightly Nov. 25, 2022 – Dec. 24, 2022 | 20 minute show starts at 7 pm
- Cost: Free for all ages
- Parking: Free parking at Bellevue Square, Bellevue Place and Lincoln Square
- Food: A variety of dining options (from happy hour, to kid fare, to gourmet) are all within walking distance
- Special Events & Activities: Ice Skating, Santa Photos
Christmas Ship Festival
Launch locations include Seattle Waterfront – Pier 55, Shilshole Bay Marina, Hyatt Regency Lake Washington, Lake Union Park (MOHAI), AGC Marina, Carillon Point Marina, and Kirkland City Dock.
click here to get tickets
- Dates/Times: Click here for the full schedule
- Cost: $40 – $72 per person (kids 3 and under are free)
- Parking: Varies by location – click here for details
- Food: Snacks and drinks available for purchase on the ship. Outside food/drinks are not allowed.
- Special Events: Opening Night, Parade of Boats, Grand Finale
Westlake Center Tree Lighting & Holiday Activities
401 Pine St., Seattle, WA 98101 (Westlake Park)
- Tree Lighting Celebration: Nov. 25 from 3-6 pm in Westlake Park.
- Holiday Lights & Delights: Nov. 25, 2022 – Jan. 8, 2023 in Occidental Square.
- Saturday Family Fun: Nov. 26, 2022 – Dec. 17, 2022 in Westlake Park.
- Cookies, Cocoa & Carolers: Nov. 26, 2022 – Dec. 17, 2022 | 11-3 in Occidental Square.
- Festive Friday Concerts: Dec. 2, 9 & 16 | 4-6 pm in Westlake Park.
- Cost: Free for all ages
- Parking: Access the Republic Parking garage from Olive Way between 4th & 5th Ave, or check out this interactive map of city parking
Zoolights at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium
5400 N Pearl St, Tacoma, WA 98407
click here to get tickets
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 25, 2022 – Jan. 2, 2023 | 4:30 – 10 pm
- Cost: $12-$16 (free for kids 2 & under)
- Promotions: Discounted tickets for zoo members & BECU members
- Parking: Free parking in zoo lots (carpooling recommended)
- Food: Dinner, drinks & snacks are available at the Plaza Cafe & outside stands
- Activities: Carousel, Kids’ Zone with meerkats & goats
- Holiday Closures: Dec. 24 & 25
WildLanterns at Woodland Park Zoo
West Entrance: 5500 Phinney Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98103
South Entrance: 750 N 50th St, Seattle, WA 98103
Click here to get tickets
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 11, 2022 – Jan. 22, 2023 | 4:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Cost: $25.95 – $34.95 per person (ages 2 & under are free).
- Promotions: Zoo members get 20% off tickets.
- Parking: $6 parking is available in all lots after 3:30 pm. Park by the West Entrance if you are purchasing your tickets in person—the South Gate (Hippo Lot) is only for those who already have tickets.
- Food: Refreshments are available at food kiosks throughout, plus the Pizza Corner at 1899 Grove, and Gather & Graze Café (with covered seating provided). You are also welcome to bring your own food & non-alcoholic beverages.
- Special Activities: Tianyu Cultural Performances in the PACCAR Auditorium, Magical Memories Marketplace, & up-close Ambassador Animals in Australasia. Sensory-Friendly Nights on 11/16, 12/13 & 1/12.
- Closures: Mondays (except for Dec. 19 & 26); Nov. 24, Dec. 24 & 25.
But wait, there’s more…
Holiday theatrical & musical shows
“A Christmas Carol” at ACT Theatre
“The Nutracker” by Pacific Northwest Ballet
“Winter Brilliance” at Chihuly Garden and Glass
The Polar Express train ride at Mt. Rainier Railroad
Gingerbread Village at the Sheraton Grand Seattle
© Copyright 2022, Windermere Real Estate/Mercer Island.